As we are now into October I am going to release some details on the Children in Need charity trailer that will be released in November.
For those of you around last year, you will know that I released a trailer to people who donated to me for CiN2013, this year it will be a little different. Rather than releasing only to people who donate, the trailer is going to be released publicly on Friday 15th October when the fund-raising event will be held and anyone who wants it is free to it.
The trailer in question will be the same model I have used for the Malcolm/Stobart Charity trailer in the Malcolm and Stobart trailer mods and will take on a similar style. On one side (and the back doors) there will be a basic design while the other will feature a list of names of people & their VTCs who have donated £1 or more. For privacy sake only the first name and last initial will be shown, or if you prefer, a nickname can be used.
At the time of writing this the skin for the trailer is 99% complete and is just awaiting the names of donators. However I have chosen not to show the skin at this time, as in the past I have seen people show off a skin made for charity purposes and some other a-hole has come along, replicated the skin and released it as their own. So I do hope you understand that I won’t be previewing the skin until the week of Children in Need.
Before making a donation, please read the following carefully.
- When sending the donation please remember to send it as “to friend or family” if you do not do this, Paypal will consider it a business transaction and tax your donation. Donations in the UK are TAX FREE, so please do remember to use the “send money to friend or family member” option so that the full donation amount is received.
- Donations will be accepted from now up to 10am (GMT) Wednesday 13th November. After this time, I cannot guarantee being able to add names to the trailer as I will need the time to plan the layout of the names side of the trailer.
- Use the message box on Paypal to tell me how you would like your name/nickname to appear. If you don’t include this information, I will simply use the sender name Paypal gives me.
- For those of you who run a VTC you may also include that. Alternatively you may use the name you have given your ETS2 company if you wish. Please understand that not all VTC names maybe appropriate for this. See below.
- To send a donation please use Alex’s email firstname.lastname@example.org (my own personal Paypal is very busy, and I don’t want to miss any donations.)
- As I mentioned above, not all company/VTC names maybe appropriate for putting on the trailer. For obvious reason no company name that sounds in any way inappropriate will be put on the trailer.
- Like wise, if your VTC is name after a real company, there could be legal issues with putting it on the trailer. So any such name would have to have VTC at the end of it to avoid any confusion and potential legal issues.
If there’s any questions please feel free to ask via the comments or the email above.